By Max Baker
Here’s a look at the Week 5 results for the teams in the SBLive Illinois Power 25.
1. East St. Louis (2-2) plays O’Fallon Saturday
2. Lincoln-Way East (5-0) defeated No. 25 Bolingbrook 42-32
James Kwiecinski carried 33 times for 181 yards and five touchdowns to lead the Griffins to their fifth win. Jake Scianna snagged two interceptions to lead the defensive effort.
3. Mount Carmel (5-0) defeated St. Ignatius 41-17
The Caravan earned a playoff berth with the win, but it’s safe to say they will win more games on their regular season schedule after dominating through five games.
4. Loyola Academy (4-0) plays Fenwick Saturday
5. Joliet Catholic (4-1) lost to Crete-Monee 48-42
Joliet Catholic led 14-12 at the half, but the game quickly turned into a shootout. Quarterback Cory Stennis of Crete-Monee threw for 457 yards and four touchdowns, ending Joliet Catholic’s winning streak of 24 games.
6. Glenbard West (4-0) plays Addison Trail Saturday
7. Warren Township (4-1) lost to Lake Zurich 23-14
Warren suffered its first loss of the season who is also now 4-1. Tyler Erkman had two big receptions in the second quarter for Lake Zurich in the upset.
8. Cary-Grove (3-2) lost to No. 21 Prairie Ridge 27-16
Tyler Vasey rushed 33 times for 234 yards for Prairie Ridge in the Top 25 matchup. Even trailing at halftime, they found a way to continue their ground attack and pull out the win.
9. Neuqua Valley (4-1) defeated Naperville Central 14-7
Neuqua Valley’s defense pitched a shutout in the win over Naperville Central with the only touchdown coming on a pick-six.
10. Wheaton North (4-1) defeated Lake Park 28-7
Wheaton North avenged a one-point loss from last week in a strong defensive showing Friday night.
11. Prospect (4-1) lost to Hersey 41-34
It was fitting that a game between two unbeatens went into overtime. Hersey scored on its first possession after a botched field goal attempt turned into a touchdown and then its defense came up with a stop.
12. O’Fallon (4-0) plays No. 1 East St. Louis Saturday
13. Lemont (5-0) defeated Tinley Park 44-6
Quarterback Payton Salomon completed all 10 of his pass attempts for 172 yards and three touchdowns as Lemont rolled over Tinley Park for its fifth win.
14. Sacred Heart-Griffin (5-0) defeated MacArthur 52-0
SHG led 21-0 by the end of the first quarter and rolled from there in a shutout victory against MacArthur. Colin Johannes snagged two first-quarter interceptions to set the tone defensively.
15. Maine South (3-2) defeated Glenbrook North 43-0
16. Simeon (5-0) defeated Hubbard 56-0
The Wolverines jumped all over Hubbard and led 42-0 at halftime on their way to a big shutout win.
17. Chicago Marist (3-2) defeated Marmion 42-0
18. Jacobs (4-1) lost to Huntley 37-14
Huntley scored on the first play of its opening drive and never looked back, handing Jacobs its first loss of the season.
19. Edwardsville (4-1) defeated Belleville West 70-0
The Tigers bounced back from this loss against O'Fallon by scoring a season-high 70 points against the visiting Maroons.
20. Naperville North (4-1) defeated DeKalb 38-21
21. Prairie Ridge (4-1) defeated No. 8 Cary-Grove 27-16
The dynamic duo of Tyler Vasey and Nathan Greetham combined for 328 yards rushing and four touchdowns as the Wolves handed Cary-Grove its first loss. Vasey rushed for 234 yards and a touchdown on 33 carries. Greetham had 94 yards and three TDs on 17 carries.
22. Batavia (3-2) defeated Glenbard North 35-6
Drew Gerke caught three touchdowns in a 35-6 win at Glenbard North.
23. Lockport Township (3-2) lost to Sandburg 34-3
It was a tough showing for Lockport in the 31-point loss to previous-winless Sandburg and the Porters have now lost back-to-back games after opening the season with three wins.
24. St. Rita (3-2) defeated St. Patrick 27-0
25. Bolingbrook (3-2) lost to No. 2 Lincoln-Way East 42-32
Freshman quarterback Jonas Williams threw for 402 yards and five touchdowns but the Raiders couldn't keep pace with second-ranked Lincoln-Way East.