PORTLAND, Ore. — SBLive Sports is the official media partner of the 2022 Les Schwab Invitational, Presented By Express Employment Professionals, in December, the companies announced Wednesday.
SBLive Sports will be the source for exclusive, behind the scenes coverage and tournament storytelling both in the lead-up to and at the 2022 Les Schwab Invitational.
“Over the past 25 years, the Les Schwab Invitational has established itself as one of the premier high school basketball tournaments in the nation,” SBLive Sports VP of Marketing Jeff Beach said. “We are excited to help bring to life the stories of the people, players and teams that make this event special through our unparalleled high school sports coverage.”
Founded in the 1990s, the Les Schwab Invitational has been home to a nationally-competitive elite high school basketball field that has played host to dozens of future college and NBA standouts, such as Kevin Durant, Kevin Love, Tyson Chandler, Jaylen Brown, Carmelo Anthony and Ben Simmons.
“We are excited to have SBLive as our official media partner of the tournament,” Prime Time Sports President John McCallum said. “They do an incredible job with their coverage of sports and competition from a variety of angles and insights. They will give fans and sports enthusiasts a great story of what this long-time event means to the participating players, coaches, fans and communities that are a part of it. First-class coverage for a first-class tournament.”
The tournament takes place Dec. 26-30 at Liberty High School in Hillsboro, Ore. and will be headlined by three teams in the SBLive/Sports Illustrated Power 25 national high school basketball rankings — No. 5 Duncanville (Texas), No. 14 Sierra Canyon (California) and No. 17 Bishop Gorman (Nevada) — as well as many of the top boys basketball teams in Oregon.
Last year, Link Academy (Missouri) swept through the field and pulled away to beat Tualatin (Oregon) in the LSI championship game. The nationally-ranked Lions boasted a deep roster with several five-star prospects and went on to finish runners-up at GEICO Nationals, the de facto high school national championship tournament.
SBLive Sports (formerly known as Scorebook Live) is a tech-based sports media property with a focus on the high school and youth sports market. SBLive, which is a part of the Sports Illustrated media network, partners with state high school associations, athletic directors, coaches, content partners and brands to deliver sports fans with timely and relevant content to their mobile phones, desktop and social media platforms. Visit our website or download the SBLive App today.
Here is the field for the 2022 Les Schwab Invitational.
Visit the Les Schwab Invitational website for tickets.
Re-live coverage of the 2021 Les Schwab Invitational
- No doubt: Link Academy coasts to Les Schwab Invitational title, but Tualatin impresses in taking 2nd
- Revenge-minded Tualatin gets payback on Lake Oswego on biggest stage — at the Les Schwab Invitational
- Tualatin races past Beaverton, earns date with mighty Link Academy for Les Schwab Invitational title
- ‘We need to get our respect.’ Beaverton adds exclamation point to early-season statement by storming back to edge Central Catholic at Les Schwab Invitational
- LSI 2021: Daily leaders, highlights, top stars
- Freshman phenom Jalen Atkins makes first splash as Barlow holds off Roosevelt in Les Schwab Invitational quarterfinal
- Beya Kim, Terrence Hill lead the way as Roosevelt holds off Gresham for first-round win at Les Schwab Invitational